Bilingual Education & World Languages
Full In-Person with Heightened Health and Safety Protocols
- The ENL teacher communicates with the classroom teacher in regards to students’ needs and services.
- The ENL teacher will translate communication materials to families' preferred language and mode of communication.
- Teachers’ instruction and interventions are documented in teachers’ planbook.
- Progress monitoring tools are used to determine ELLs English language proficiency (ELP). The progress monitoring tools the district uses for ELLs and Former ELLs include all four communication modalities: speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Progress monitoring data is used to determine ELLs instructional needs, services, and skill level.
- ENL services will be delivered by the ENL teacher and general education teacher.
- Units of Study will be provided based on ELLs proficiency level scored on the 2021 NYSESLAT exam.
- The ELL Screening, Identification, and Placement will be completed within 10 school days from enrollment date.
1 Park St. Marathon, NY 13803