1 Park St. Marathon, NY 13803
- Parents will be able to chose between in-person learning and full remote learning prior to classes beginning while in hybrid.
- Parents that choose full remote learning will be committing to that mode for 1 semester (20 weeks).
○ Grades UPK-5th will attend Appleby daily.
○ Grades 6-8 will attend school at the Junior/Senior High School in person on Monday and Wednesday.
○ Grades 9-12 will attend school at the Junior/Senior High School in person on Tuesday and Thursday.
○ There are no in person classes on Fridays for Grades 6-12. Instruction on Fridays will take place remotely.
○ Those in full remote learning will be home 5 days a week. Students will be assigned a teacher/schedule of classes.
- All students - attendance must be taken daily. Once a day for UPK-8th and every period for 9-12.
- For remote learning days and those on full remote, teachers will use synchronous (live) and asynchronous (recorded) methods, depending on the internet abilities in the child's home.
- Learning platforms used district wide-Google Classroom and Zoom.
- Teachers are in daily attendance.
- All classes are designed so that social distancing can be maintained (6’ in the classroom).
- Masks will be worn by students, teachers, staff, vendors, and contractors in classrooms, when within 6’ of someone else, in hallways, in restrooms, and in congregate areas. Masks breaks will be incorporated throughout the day.
- Hallways and stairways marked for traffic flow.
- Multiple entrances and exits for staff.
- No 10th period at the Junior/Senior High School.
- Use of outside spaces (PE and others).
- At Appleby, special areas (Art/Music/Tech/Library) will go to the classroom.
- Late buses have been suspended until further notice. Club or class events will be held virtually.
- Buildings and grounds are closed to the community until further notice.
- Teachers will use their normal planbook system and access to Google Classroom given to administrators.
- If the school district is in session using a hybrid mode, pupil transportation must be provided to nonpublic, parochial, private, charter schools or students whose Individualized Education Program have placed them out of the district whose schools are meeting in conducting in-person session education even when/if the district is not.